I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Monday 7 February 2011

Weight and me...

The last few years of my life I have spent a lot of time focusing on learning to be OK with 'me'. One of the main things about me is that, unfortunatly, I am overweight.

As we all know society has many different attitudes towards people of the, uh, large variety. but even that has seen somewhat of a flip reverse in the last couple of years. It's gone from "size zero only" to "curvy is good".

My opinion is somewhat on the fence regarding weight, which is strange considering I have opinions on most other things! I am one of those people who thinks people should be who they want to be, thin or fat, who cares right? Well, wrong apparently. Too many people have prejudices against overweight people and it just isn't right, making other people feel bad about themselves is part if human nature that, quite frankly, is disgusting.

I say hurrah to those out there who dare to be who they are!

But, and there is always a but, there is no doubt that obesity is bad for us. In the UK it is estimated that by the year 2050 60% of men, 50% of women and 25% of children will be obese, that's quite shocking. It's time for a change, yes continue to embrace curves, but not at the expense of your health!

So that is why I am on a diet from today.

I will post with updates and weigh ins.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment