I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Book Review... Unlocking Her Innocence - Lynne Graham


Unlocking her Innocence - Lynne Graham
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263891065












My rating




From the back cover:

"An impossible attraction 
Three years ago Ava Fitzgerald stole what was most important to billionaire Vito Barbieri - his brother's life - leaving an insurmountable void in his once full and pleasurable existence. 
Since her release from prison Ava has agonised over her fragmented memories from that night - her misguided play for Vito, his humiliating rejection and then...nothing. 
Vito's latest business merger brings him face to face with his new employee - a troubled-eyed Ava. Haunted by the dark shadows of the past, Vito is intent on revenge. Yet despite his iron-will his plan gives way to an impossible desire..."



Reading the blurb made me feel excited about reading this one, and I needed that excitement to actually make me want to read this latest offering from Lynne Graham.

I love revenge stories, (I think this might be one of my favourite tropes, second only to secret babies!) and this on has the added surprise of a heroine whom has been in prison. Whilst reading I actually found that it isn't actually very revengey, but still an enjoyable book.

Where the last few Lynne Graham books have suffered from heroes that take the Alpha-Male idea a step too far, this book has a much gentler, more accepting hero whom is still as Alpha as you need and this certainly benefits the story.

There is a lot of shared emotion between the hero and heroine, and lots of well thought out conflict. The heroine is particularly well written; she had a lot to deal with but never caved under everything and didn't come across as a martyr.

I think a little more could have been made of with regards to the heroine's prison time, but the story didn't lack because of it. I'll be honest and say that I could have done without the 'discovery & resolution', it felt a little contrived in my opinion.

Overall, not a bad book at all. In fact a quite enjoyable one.


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment