I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Book Review... The Secrets She Carried - Lynne Graham


The Secrets She Carried - Lynne Graham
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263890860











My rating




From the back cover:

"Erin Turner and Cristophe Donakis set the bed sheets alight during their scorching affair. But Erin's hopes of a diamond ring turned to ash when he unceremoniously kicked her out of his bed and onto the cold London streets.
Years later, Erin's world is rocked again when she meets her newest business client. She knows it's him the moment his designer aftershave hits her senses...
Cristophe is going to make Erin pay back what he believes she stole - in whatever way he demands... But little does he know that Erin's about to drop two very important bombshells!"


I'll be honest, after some of Lynne Graham's more recent offerings I was a little, shall we say hesitant about reading this. But she is one of the best Modern/Presents authors though, so I will always read her newest books!

After a rather shaky start, this one actually turned out OK. It's no angst-tastic, rollercoaster-of-emotions, Lynne-Graham-book of old, but it is quite charming eventually.

The beginning wasn't great, the hero seemed like a complete arsehole at first, and it was one of those books that made me grit my teeth in anger whilst reading. But it soon settled down, and it was quite enjoyable. The hero and heroine worked well together.

One thing I particularly liked was that the children behaved badly, and that really knocked the hero for six! Very honest writing, in my opinion, I'm not sure if I have ever read a Presents where the child throws themselves on the floor in a tantrum or won't stop jumping off and on things in excitement!

Not a bad book at all, although don't take things too seriously when reading it, there are a few 'holes' in the plot!


Xx

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm glad you liked/agreed with it. And thanks for visiting my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete