I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Book Review... The Forbidden Ferrara - Sarah Morgan


The Forbidden Ferrara - Sarah Morgan
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263890785











My rating




From the back cover:

"A Ferrara should never share a bed with a Baracchi-however high the stakes! 
 Dark-hearted Santino Ferrara has always remembered how long-legged, hot-tempered Fia Baracchi felt in his arms-much to his frustration. Then a million-dollar business deal throws them together, and keeping his distance is no longer an option. 
But Fia is living a lie. If it's ever discovered that her precious little son is Santino's heir, she'll be disowned-their families' feud is legendary! But her real fear? That she can't forget the scorching memories of her one night with the enemy-and that she still craves more..."


I have been waiting for this book to finally land in my hands for ages! I loved the first book in this duet by Sarah Morgan (Once a Ferrara Wife...), so I was pretty excited about this one.

I have to be honest and say that I was a little disappointed with this one. I'm not saying this is a bad book, it most definitely is not! I just felt it wasn't quite there.

I usually love a 'secret baby' book but there has to be a good reason for the baby being kept secret - in this book I don't really think there was.

The heroine was beautifully written and my heart broke for everything she'd been through but this didn't really make up for not telling the hero about his son.

I simply loved the hero! He was so accepting, and open as well as really committed to building a good life with the heroine and their child. He didn't act irrationally when he found out nor was he cruel! These are major pluses in the book.

I loved the whole family feud, forbidden love thing! It was written fantastically.

The writing is flawless, full of passion and emotion, with plenty of angst. Very enjoyable.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment