I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Book Review... Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss - Maya Banks


Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss - Maya Banks
Harlequin Desire
Harlequin, 2011
ISBN: 9780373731565









My rating




From the back cover:

"Devon Carter was her first; now newly wed Ashley wants their passion to last. But her dreams of true love are crushed by the discovery that their marriage is another of Daddy's business deals. Her strategy: act the part of perfect wife and make Devon love her.
But Devon misses the bubbly, no-holds-barred woman his wife used to be. Who is this Ashley with the steely demeanor of a society wife? And will he find a way to rekindle the fire in her eyes…especially now that she's pregnant?"


I was looking forward to reading this book, I really enjoyed the first two books in Maya Bank's Pregnancy & Passion Mini Series (Enticed by His Forgotten Lover & Wanted by Her Lost Love).

I have to be honest and say that I didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous two, but this is still very much an enjoyable book.

I particularly liked that the author didn't shy away from making the hero behave badly, and he knew it as well. The heroine is fun, flighty, and spirited, she is definitely different to a lot of romance heroines.

There is plenty of passion that sizzles on the pages and suits the hero and heroines relationship perfectly.

It was interesting to read how the heroine tried to change herself, to become more like what she thought the hero wanted, only to begin to lose what it was that made her likeable. I think this is quite honest, and true of some difficult relationships.

Overall, very enjoyable.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment