I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Friday 6 May 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #48




Walk on the Wild Side - Natalie Anderson
Mills and Boon RIVA
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2011
ISBN: 9780263883657





My rating



From the back cover:

"One crazy afternoon on the beach…
A fling with sinfully hot champion snowboarder Jack Greene isn’t Kelsi Reid’s normal behaviour…but one glimpse of his wicked eyes has Kelsi throwing caution to the deep blue sea (along with her clothes!). After all, who better to go crazy with than a man who deserves a gold medal for his prowess on the slopes and in the bedroom…? Then Kelsi crashes down with a terrifying bump – of the baby kind.
They couldn’t be worse matched – Jack is Mr Right-Now, while Kelsi craves stability. But it’s hard to keep your feet on the ground once you’ve met the man who turns your world upside down…"


So, a little while ago I went a bit crazy and bought a big bunch of the new Mills and Boon RIVA line. Here's the pictorial evidence on my book shelf!

I read this book in one sitting, literally, since this was also read while I was on the flight to New York! It helped of course that I loved this book!

The story begins with the heroine Kelsi hitting the hero Pro-Snowboarder Jack with her car, by accident of course! Kelsi is distraught and the extremely charismatic Jack talks her into spending the afternoon with him. The sparks that fly between these two are instant and, wow, the resulting events are passionate! The afternoon they spend together is just that, an afternoon, after which Jack goes into training and Kelsi goes back to her hardworking life. However a month later Jack is still thinking about Kelsi and their explosive chemistry. He goes to visit her, where they are both shocked to discover she is pregnant. Jack immediately feels obligated to provide for Kelsi, not to mention terrified. He takes over Kelsi's life almost completely in an attempt to keep in control of his fears. Kelsi feels trapped and helpless against Jack's take over, however they both still want each other like crazy.

This is the third book from the RIVA line i have read, and if they are all as fantastic as this book then I can see RIVA becoming my new favourite!
I adored both of the characters; Jack was so unashamedly cool yet still very complex, and bravo to Natalie Anderson for creating such a bold female character, Kelsi was so gloriously normal yet also not afraid to be different and with a deep side that still has issues from childhood. I found all the technical snowboarding info a little confusing, but lucky for me I have a husband who is into snowboarding and skateboarding and helped explain things to me! Confusion aside, it's great to read a book that includes different jobs and alternative lifestyles, after all how many corporate banker types can you read before it gets tired!
Natalie's dialogue between the characters sparkles and the rest of the writing is flawless. Be prepared for some steamy scenes, let me tell you, the sex on the beach scene, whew!!

This is a fantastic book and just perfect for this new live of contemporary romances, I definitely recommend reading this book!

Xx

P.s. Here is a photo of my book on my flight, note the Virgin Atlantic coffee cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment