I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Monday 7 November 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #203



Spanish Aristocrat, Forced Bride - India Grey
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin Mills & Boon, 2009
ISBN: 9780263874297






My rating




From the back cover:

"Accidentally pregnant, conveniently wed
Infamous playboy Tristan Romero meets ordinary Lily at a lavish ball, and arrogantly predicts that she will wake up the following morning between his designer silk sheets! Powerless to resist this wicked billionaire, Lily knows Tristan is only offering one night. But then she discovers she’s pregnant...
Tristan’s aristocratic duty demands he take Lily as his bride. However, Lily’s shame over accepting a loveless proposal is heightened when she realises that, as the Spaniard’s wife, she’ll be expected to fulfil his every need..."



This another book recommended to me as a favourite Harlequin Presents/Mills & Boon Modern, it was recommended by the lovely Catherine Coles on twitter. Thanks Catherine!

The hero Tristan and the heroine Lily meet at a party held by Tristan's best friend. Tristan is exhausted and in need of oblivion after spending time in a war torn country, although the media believes him to be living the life of an international playboy. Lily is nervous around him but they are both drawn to each other and spend the night together, each agreeing it's a one night only thing. Six weeks later, Lily is shocked to discover she is pregnant, and Tristan's reaction is as much a shock. Tristan has never wanted to be a father after what he went through as a child, so he tells Lily to ignore that he is the father otherwise duty means they will have to get married. Lily refuses to do this, she knows what it is like to grow up without a father and believes in family and marriage. For the first few days of their marriage, Lily is very happy as not only does Tristan desire her so much that it seems he can't get enough of her she also believes they are getting closer. Then Tristan suddenly pulls away from her making it clear that it will be a marriage in name only, and leaves Lily, alone and unhappy, to deal with a sudden tragedy.

Ages ago, I read 'Mistress: Hired for the Billionaires Pleasure' and it reduced me to blubbering and I thought that India Grey must be some writer to make me cry (honestly, it doesn't happen often!). But that was nothing compared to this book, I was crying my eyes out! This book is so full of pain and emotion that it's almost impossible to read and impossible to put down all at the same time. The hero and heroine go on a roller-coaster of a journey, and this is written with such heart and depth. India's characters are almost perfect; Lily is so gentle and caring, and Tristan is jaded and powerful. They fit together and balance each other perfectly.
I don't want to give too much away, so I am not going to say much more but believe me - you will need tissues.

This book is magnificent, it really is. If you haven't read any of India Grey's books then this is a perfect example of what she does.

A beautiful, emotional and amazing book.

(Deserves a better title though, but that has nothing to do with the content I'm just being picky! I'm so glad that M&B have changed the way they title books!)

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment