I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Thursday 22 December 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #251


Win or Lose - Kay Thorpe
Mills & Boon Romance
Mills & Boon, 1986
ISBN: 9780263754117






My rating




From the back cover:

"Sara had a bright future ahead of her as the wife of kind, dependable Nigel. But first the past has to be tidied away. And that meant a meeting with Dave, the professional snooker player she had met and married after a whirlwind romance and from whom she had parted just six weeks later. She and Dave had nothing in common - except the sparks of attraction that flared between them and which had long since died. A legal parting would present no problems. But it turned out not to be quite as simple as Sara had imagined."


Oldie pile again...

The heroine Sara and the hero Dave have not seen each other in two years, ever since Sara walked out on their whirlwind marriage. She goes to see him in order to ask for a divorce, however she knows it will be difficult seeing him again and being reminded of their once shared passion as well as the hurts that had led to her walking away from him. Dave doesn't make it easy and only agrees to see about getting a divorce if she goes with him to America. Not surprisingly the passion between them hasn't disappeared and along with all their unfinished business Sara begins to realise that perhaps she didn't give their marriage enough of a chance. But Dave wants to move on as does Sara, in a way, so it's seems too late for second chances.

I didn't really know what to make of this book. It was good at moments, not so great at others and quite baffling on occasions! At one point in the books, the hero gave the heroine "a hiding", I know this is a twenty year old books but...! A massive chunk of this book was a flashback, I feel that it would have had a bigger effect if the details included were revealed gradually in snippets. It would have added more tension, in my opinion. I enjoyed the actual plot, but I do feel the execution was a little weak.

But, for an older book, it was quite enjoyable.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment