I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Book Review...The Rebel Rancher - Donna Alward


The Rebel Rancher - Donna Alward
Harlequin Romance
Harlequin, 2012
ISBN: 9780373178131











My rating




From the back cover:

"Unlocking the rebel's heart 
With his break-your-heart smile, rodeo star and rebel Ty Diamond has a reputation that should have Clara Ferguson running scared-not straight into his arms! 
Ty knows he needs to take it easy with Clara-her past has left her with a bruised heart and she's determined never to rely on a man again. But Ty isn't all he seems-and his gentle side shakes Clara's resolute independence to breaking point..."

First of all, a huge thank you to Donna Alward for sending me a copy of this book.

I don't read a lot of the Harlequin Romance line (I'm more of an angst-loving Presents reader!), but I do like the line and I know that Donna Alward writes some of the best. She also writes brilliant cowboy stories,  you should all know by know how I can't resist a cowboy, and this one is no exception.

A Rebel Rancher is sweet to it's very core. Full of heart wrenching reality, as well as heart warming hope, all wrapped into a wonderful journey that the hero and heroine go on.

The relationship is built beautifully, and even though this is a 'sweet' romance there is a lot of spark between the hero and heroine, as well as a very moving love story. I couldn't put the book down!

Donna Alward writes characters that you can believe in and relate to, as well as giving them enough pain that you are as desperate as they are to find their HEA.

My only complaint is that the ending felt a little rushed, in my opinion. But, oh, the epiliogue is lovely!

A beautiful read from start to finish.


Xx






























No comments:

Post a Comment