I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Thursday 7 June 2012

Book Review... Behind the Castello Doors - Chantelle Shaw


Behind the Castello Doors - Chantelle Shaw
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263890730











My rating




From the back cover:

"Torment on his doorstep 
Cesario Piras, brooding master of the Castello del Falco, wasn’t prepared for the visitor who turned up on his doorstep during a raging storm – or for the little bundle bearing the Piras name she had in tow. Cesario’s head screamed Run, but his damaged heart began to betray him. 
Beth Granger knew the moment she knocked on the castle door that there was no going back. She had a job to do. But the moment Cesario looked deep into her pleading eyes her faultless plan crumbled around her…"

Chantelle Shaw is one of those authors who I can't decide if I like or not. I have read a lot of her books and they are a little hit and miss, but this one was a hit! I really enjoyed it.

When I started reading this book I was almost groaning out loud thinking that I knew exactly what was going to happen. But I'm pleased to say that the author surprised me and didn't take the easy cliché route.

I adored everything about the hero and heroine, their backgrounds were equally painful and these were two damaged and flawed characters. As a result, there is plenty of angst in this story as well as some explosive passion.

The plot is absorbing and keeps you guessing. There is an almost tense atmosphere to this book that really helps set the mood, and draws you in.

Worth a read, definitely!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment