I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Book Review... P.S. I'm Pregnant - Heidi Rice


P.S. I'm Pregnant - Heidi Rice
Mills & Boon Special Releases
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263907788












My rating




From the back cover:

"New York, Hollywood…Pregnant? 
If her landlady’s cat hadn’t gone missing and Connor Brody had bothered to return her messages asking for help in the search, Daisy Dean wouldn’t have been sneaking around his garden at night – and he would never have caught her in her underwear! 
But Connor’s quite pleased with his scantily clad intruder. His business deal is about to fall through because the trophy wife of a potential US investor fancies him – maybe Daisy could make it up to him by accompanying him to NYC? 
Sharing a Portobello Road market stall with Daisy, Juno’s been hearing all about Connor’s brother Mac. A Hollywood actor with a shocking reputation. So when he turns up unexpectedly at a wedding, Juno plans to act all aloof. But the best laid plans often go awry! Suddenly she’s front page news and the only place to hide out is Mac’s LA pad. 
What’s the worst that could happen?"


The uber-fabulous Heidi Rice contacted me asking if I would like to review this, her latest release. Naturally I said yes! And Heidi, as always, many thanks.

This is actually a newly packaged re-issue of two of Heidi's previous books - 'Hot-Shot Tycoon, Indecent Proposal' & 'Public Affair, Secretly Expecting' AKA 'Walk of Fame'. I had previously read both of these titles but, believe me, it was no hardship to re-read them! Public Affair, Secretly Expecting was actually the first book of Heidi's I read, I loved it so much that I went on to read all of her new and old books!

I think M&B have done a nice job of the new packaging and branding of this book, it looks lovely. On a side note, I am really looking forward to the Mills & Boon RIVA relaunch, can't wait to see what the new covers are like and what the new injection of authors will come up with!

The two stories are linked, with the heroines Daisy and Juno being best friends and the sexy Irish heroes, Connor and Mac being estranged and rather tortured brothers.

Both stories start with a bang, in the way only Heidi Rice can do... Daisy gets caught sneaking in to Connor's back garden, sans bra, by the surly and ill Connor and she nurses him through his fever resulting in a very passionate encounter. Whereas Juno surprises and confronts Hollywood heartthrob Mac at the airport, and in an effort to stop her drawing unwanted attention to him, Mac does the only thing he can think of and kisses her. From there, we are taken on two very compelling journeys, with plenty of ups and downs, and chock full of charm.

All four of the characters have painful pasts that influence the way they are in the present, and the author weaves this in with aplomb and manages to create two very emotional stories while still keeping her fun and flirty voice evident throughout.

Both stories stand alone as captivating and witty books, but as a pair they sparkle.

Not to be missed, especially if your are new to Heidi Rice's work.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment