I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Book Review... Enemies at the Altar - Melanie Milburne


Enemies at the Altar - Melanie Milburne
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263890808












My rating




From the back cover:

"The last woman he would ever marry
The last time Andreas Ferrante saw Sienna Baker she was naively trying to seduce him. Whilst her provocative sensuality is emblazoned on Andreas's memory, the terrible consequences torment him. So the news that they must marry to secure his inheritance is unthinkable...
Once devastated by his heartless rejection, when she sees Andreas again it makes Sienna's humiliation burn brighter. And as for marrying him...? They'd be lucky to last the ceremony without killing each other! But there's a fine line between love and hate...Will the flames of anger turn to white-hot passion on their wedding night?"
After reading the blurb of the book I felt that it sounded remarkably similar to Melanie Milburne's 'The Wedding Charade', although this slightly disappointed me I do love this author's style so I knew I wanted to read it. And while the book had some of the same themes as 'The Wedding Charade', the overall story was different enough, which made me feel a lot better! I found this book thoroughly enjoyable, actually.

The relationship between the hero and heroine can only be described as stormy! There is so much fire between them and their interactions are full of heat and animosity; the pages virtually crackle. I loved the heroine's honesty; she is a really well drawn character and there are many understandable layers to her personality and not all of them are good. The hero is cruel to the heroine, unforgivably so at times, yet the heroine gives it all back and stands up for herself. Exactly the kind of heroine I like.

There isn't any downtime or dull moments in this story, it's chock full of passion, hate, greed, need, etc. right from the word go. This makes for some intense reading - something this author does brilliantly.

The story is very powerful and the love-story at the centre of it all really shines in it's simplicity. A great book from one of my favourite category romance authors!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment