I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Thursday 9 August 2012

Review... Ten Years On - Alice Peterson


Ten Years On - Alice Peterson
Quercus, 2012
ISBN: 9780857383259













My rating




From the back cover:

"Rebecca is happily married to Olly and content with her job at a glamorous London art gallery. But when tragedy strikes, she decides to move back to her childhood home in the country, hoping time will help her to heal. Joe, born in the same country town as Rebecca, had a falling out with her a decade earlier. Now he's the successful owner of a wine bar, Maison Joe, and is breaking local hearts by dating a striking actress, Peta. Rebecca finds living with her parents again a challenge. Nor is it easy to discover that Joe lives and works too close for comfort. When she sees him once more, memories rush back to haunt her, along with unanswered questions about the past. Why did they lose touch? What was Olly hiding? Can Rebecca answer those questions and move on?"


I bought this book when it was on-sale for Kindle for only 20p. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, just a quick easy read that wouldn't require a lot of attention.

I couldn't have been more wrong... This book is simply wonderful!

The story is beautiful and so full of emotion. I spent the majority of time reading it crying my eyes out, and that doesn't happen often!

The author really took us on a journey with her heroine. The glimpses into the past, as well as the passage of time through the present day story are weaved together perfectly and make the story feel really three-dimensional.

The grief and sadness the heroine goes through feels genuine and the author never makes light of it.

This is a very deep and moving story about love, life, loss, and second chances that had me hooked all the way through.

Highly recommended. Bring tissues!

Xx


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this LOVELY review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete