I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Review... Nina Jones and the Temple of Gloom - Julie Cohen


Nina Jones and the Temple of Gloom - Julie Cohen
Little Black Dress, 2010
Headline
ISBN: 9780755341412












My rating




From the back cover:

"Get your teeth into this devilishly racy romantic adventure that's full of surprises!
All work and no play makes Nina a dull girl... But when you're PA to a celebrity chef who's even tastier than one of his delicious dishes you can't help loving your job. And what's wrong with fancying the pants off your boss? Erm, everything if he's married to someone else. So when Nina meets sexy Spaniard Juan, she's thrilled to escape to a new life abroad... until Juan does a runner with her hard-earned cash. Nina has no choice but to head home and brave 'The Temple of Gloom' - a gothic flat with some unusual inhabitants. Nina's had enough of bloodsuckers. But is her mysterious neighbour Viktor really a vampire? "


I just love the title of this book! 

Julie Cohen is truly a master when it comes to story telling, and this is another brilliant book from her.

Nina is everything I like in a heroine; she's confident, sometimes overly confident, full of chutzpah, a little bit of a control freak, prone to moments of impulsiveness, and always looking for something more in her life. Call me cruel, but I enjoyed reading about life kicking her about a bit! It made this book feel real, and Nina wallows, winges, and feels sorry for herself like any person would before attempting to rebuild her life.

The story has a wonderful pace and flows beautifully, it grips you right from the start.

The heroine goes on a journey, learns a few lessons and comes out the other end stronger and a better person. Exactly the kind of book I love to read.

Full of humour, darkness, and a little touch of love... Wonderful!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment