I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Book Review... Lost in Love - Michelle Reid


Lost in Love - Michelle Reid
Mills & Boon Romance
Mills & Boon, 1994
ISBN: 9780263783520












My rating




From the back cover:

"Four years ago, Guy Frabosa had hurt Marnie so deeply that she vowed never to set eyes on him again and had divorced him in a blaze of pain and anger. He fought her, but she'd had a trump card and had been desperate enough to use it. 
Now Guy held all the cards - Marnie needed his financial help and had little choice but to play by her ex-husband's rules. He demanded her body and soul, but the thought of returning to his side as his wife filled her with a raging hatred - made all the more consuming by her utterly wanton desire for his lovemaking."

This is another one of those urban legend Michelle Reid books that so many people say how good it is. And it is worthy of every piece of that praise. This is such a wonderful, beautiful story.

Both the hero and heroine suffer greatly throughout. Their story is fraught with confusion, bitterness, hurt, passion... you name it. But through it all, I could tell these two characters loved each other deeply. The writing is so powerful, Michelle Reid is truly a master at this.

Guy has to be one of my favourite ever heroes; He isn't afraid to own up to his mistakes, yet also not willing to ever give up on the love he and the heroine had. Sigh!

This book is so romantic, as well as heart breaking. So much has happened between the hero and heroine that it would have been easy for the story to get lost under everything, but Michelle Reid manages to keep the focus on the most important part - the love the still, despite everything, have for one another.

And, the result, is a pretty much perfect story.

Xx

2 comments:

  1. I love this book. I can't tell you how many times I've read it. It makes me cry every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful, isn't it?! I read it on the strength of your review on Goodreads, so... thanks! :-)

      Delete