I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Thursday 4 October 2012

Book Review... Never Stay Past Midnight - Mira Lyn Kelly


Never Stay Past Midnight - Mira Lyn Kelly
Mills & Boon RIVA
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263902730












My rating




From the back cover:

"Love-’em-and-leave-’em Levi just got loved-and-left! 
Everything about Elise was so right that night, until at 11.59 p.m. she got out of his bed, got dressed, and left! What the…? 
The tables have turned and Levi realises that he has just met the one woman who leaves him wanting more. But how will he find her again? How can he get her back in his life? And could Hugo the Great Dane be the answer? 
If you like Tilly Bagshawe or Victoria Fox, you’ll love this."


I was looking forward to this book, I have read all of Mira Lyn Kelly's books and enjoyed them and this is the first I picked to read from the newly relaunched RIVA line.

If I had to pick one phrase to describe this book (and indeed all of Mira Lyn Kelly's books) then it would be "twenty-first century", through and through her books are modern and up to date. This author's voice is perfect for her contemporary stories and they very much appeal to me.

Everything about this story feels real; the hero and heroine have real everyday problems and issues that aren't clichéd or trite and through the journey they go on you can see them gradually falling in love with one another.

I liked both the hero and heroine, they are well drawn and well matched to one another. The 'black moment' of this story is heart clenching and allowed the hero to really show his dark side. Riveting stuff, I especially liked that the heroine stood up to the hero.

Stripped down this is a very simple story of two damaged people finding love and it reads nicely. (Although, I'll be honest, I hated the epilogue - too much. Ick!)

A fun, steamy, and sweet read.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment