I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Thursday 25 October 2012

The Santina Crown... The Sheikh's Heir - Sharon Kendrick


The Sheikh's Heir - Sharon Kendrick
Mills & Boon Modern Special Releases
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263897678












My rating




From the back cover:

"SHEIKH AND JACKSON IT-GIRL IN UNEXPECTED BABY SHOCK! 
Unconfirmed sources report that celebrity wedding planner Ella Jackson is pregnant! Currently single, Miss Jackson caused quite a stir at her sister’s high-profile, royal-studded party last month where she tossed a glass of vintage champagne over Sheikh Hassan Al Abbas following a very public argument. 
What happened in private is anybody’s guess, and certainly the palace haven’t officially confirmed that Miss Jackson was seen leaving the Sheikh’s opulent suite the morning after the party… Could this Cinder-Ella beat her sister to a royal title…and a royal heir?"


An interesting and absorbing book, I especially loved the start as it is really entertaining and a great way of getting the hero and heroine together and it made me like the heroine instantly. 

The hero frustrated me quite a bit with his arrogance, disdain and rudeness, but these kind of heroes are what Sharon Kendrick excels at and, you know, I kinda liked him eventually!

The story sticks to it's theme well and this is an entertaining and well told romance. But, for me, there was something missing, it just didn't live up to both its expectation and potential. To me, continuity series should be more daring and different, but this one, well, it's a perfectly enjoyable Modern, but nothing that hasn't been done before. 

However, it is a well written and enjoyable book so don't let me put you off!

Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment