I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Review... The Husband She Never Knew - Kate Hewitt


The Husband She Never Knew - Kate Hewitt
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263891126












My rating


From the back cover:


"What he wants, he takes! 
Cruelly discarded on her wedding night, Noelle Ducasse buries the shame of being an untouched bride – creating a new, glamorous life to mask the relentless ache of loneliness. Until Ammar returns… 
The image of Noelle’s guileless eyes lingers with Ammar still. Noelle can refuse him all she likes, but this time the ruthless Ammar will not be denied. He’ll spend each moment of each night proving that – no matter how much her mind denies it – she will melt under her husband’s exquisite touch… "


I simply adored Kate Hewitt's 'The Darkest of Secrets' so I was really pleased to discover this book is linked (The two heroes are estranged brothers). I was expecting a dark and emotional read, and that is exactly what I got.

The hero of this book made me ache; everything about him is so gut-wrenchingly sad and he had done things that should make him unforgivable yet I was able too as Kate Hewitt takes us on his journey of redemption. He is the most flawed hero I think I have ever read, and it works.

The hero and heroine are perfect together, they so desperately wanted and needed to be with one another. There is no doubt these are two very damaged characters who had to fight their demons and actually work at being together. 

The story is sad, powerful and emotional. It's different and more slow boiling than a lot of other books, it's not easy to read but that makes it even more gratifying. 

Kate Hewitt pens wonderfully emotional books that touch you deep down. I loved it, good stuff!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment