I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 23 March 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #5


The Three-Way Miracle - Karen Sandler
Mills and Boon Special Edition
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2009
ISBN: 9780263870305

My Rating




From the back cover:





"Healing children, saving children, finding her heart.
Sara Rand had moved to rural Hart Valley, California to help troubled kids. And she thought she'd found everything she desired - until Keith Delacroix arrived to help fix up her ranch. Keith was everything Sara had sworn off - handsome, strong and reluctant to discuss his past. But the more time the spent together the more drawn to him she was.
Soon Sara began to wonder what was behind Keith's hardened exterior. Could he be the miracle she'd been looking for all along?"

Once again this is a library loan, I picked it up thinking that it would be quite a warm and very romantic story. Boy, was I wrong, this book deals with quite heavy stuff.

The female character, Sara, runs a riding school for troubled children. Sara grew up with her sister in an abusive home and later also got involved in an abusive love affair. She is very wary of men and struggles with her attraction to the man who has come to do some repairs on the ranch. The male character, Keith, is just as wary of relationships after loosing his son then discovering his wife was having an affair after she was killed in a car crash.

So, what I thought would leave me feeling all warm and fuzzy actually led me on a roller coaster of different emotions. This book, deals with some hard to deal with areas, the grief Keith suffers from loosing his son is very intense, and Sara's vulnerability is also sad. The book was quite slow in pace, it certainly took a while for the characters to 'get together' but this only helped to intensify the wrought emotions both the characters were going through.

I enjoyed this book very much, but at times I found it quite difficult to read as the issues dealt with were very hard at times.

Isn't it amazing that books can do that!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment