I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 15 March 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ...

OK so I mentioned, albeit briefly, in my last post that I will be posting details of a challenge I have set myself this year so I am here to let you all off your tenterhooks I just know you were on (!).

I previously did a post about my secret love/guilty pleasure of reading romance novels. It was about 3 posts ago, but in case you missed it here's the link. Along with the love of reading them I am also a very quick, almost ferocious, reader! I devour books! I am a housewife so I have time to read, I usually spend 3-4 hours a day reading (that includes reading at bedtime as well!) Since most romance novels are only around 190-250 pages long I can usually read one a day, sometimes even more!! You might ask, obsessed much?!

Well, whatever!

So, as you may have guessed from the title of this post the challenge is going to be to read 365 books this year. I'm going to start this from Saturday 19th March 2011. Just to give you an idea of how much I read, so far this year I have read, wait for it, 116 books!

Yes, I know its a lot!

As I mentioned earlier, I don't work so you may think it would be easy for me to read this much, and yes in a way it is easier for me to read more. However that is not to say all I do is sit on my bottom reading day in-day out! I have a house to clean and run, a wonderful husband to look after I am also studying part time! I was working full time up until May last year when I got married, and while I miss the independence of my very own paycheck, I don't regret giving it up at all. This way I can focus on my passions and my future. One of those passions is reading, and I also love writing, I am in the process of writing my first book (which will be a romance novel naturellement!) so I guess you could call this little challenge of mine 'essential research'! Also reading this much will help with me with my weight loss mission, since I won't be thinking about food when I'm reading!

With each book I read I will do a posting with a simple review and rating, as well as a cover page picture and the publisher information. I will also include where I got the book from. Most of the books I will read will be from the UK, but most of these will be available in other countries, if interested for the international details then send me an email/leave a comment and I will try and find that information out for you.

I am also going to try and read a big variety of the series/genres available, as well as reading older books that I come accross.

I really hope you enjoy this challenge and I look forward to following it through!

Wish me luck!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment