I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Friday 30 September 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #178



Secret History of a Good Girl - Aimee Carson
Harlequin Presents Extra
In 'Mills & Boon Loves...' Mills and Boon Special Releases
Harlequin UK, 2011
ISBN: 9780263889598





My rating




From the back cover:

"Miami hotel tycoon Paulo Domingues suspects that beneath his new events planner Alyssa Hunt’s southern priss, she’s all passion! He’s determined to seduce the fire out from behind her good-girl exterior..."


Apologies for the amount of time it has taken me to read and review this book. It was the one I was trying to read during my babysitting week (read about that here)! This is Aimee Carson's debut book, and it's fantastic!

The heroine Alyssa is a hard working and very determined event planner hoping to convince suave hotelier Paulo, the hero, to take a chance on her despite her rather sketchy past. Paulo is intrigued by Alyssa, not to mention very attracted to her. He also recognises her capability so gives her a chance to prove herself. Alyssa is also attracted to Paulo but the struggles in her past makes her intent on ignoring the chemistry between the, as she can't let anything ruin the hard work she has put in in order to turn her life around. Paulo can't help but be drawn to Alyssa, she constantly surprises him, however after his disastrous attempt at marriage and his less than happy childhood he knows he can't give her forever. Eventually though, they both give in to their passion and begin a mutually agreed short term affair. But with Alyssa's increasing confidence she soon realises she wants and deserves more.

Oh my, what a fantastic debut by Aimee Carson, I loved it! It really has everything that I like in a good contemporary romance; a feisty heroine whom is far from perfect, snappy dialogue and sizzling chemistry - and I mean sizzling, *that* scene in the elevator... whew!
The romance and relationship between Alyssa and Paulo is actually quite simple, but perfectly done. Aimee's writing flows beautifully, and she has created two great characters. I applaud her for Alyssa's 'bad girl' roots, I loved her!
The book is well written and developed, with plenty of sass and sparkle. I can't wait to read more from Aimee in the future.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment