I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Friday 16 September 2011

Top 5 Friday... Albums

I am a massive music fan so I was looking forward to creating this list! The albums I have chosen will no doubt change from time to time, but generally speaking these are the albums that I can listen to from 1st to last song and enjoy it all the way through (you know how annoying it is to have an album that has two or three amazing songs and the rest just crap!)


Enjoy!

5-



Enter the Wu-Tang 36 Chambers - Wu-Tang Clan

Make no mistake, this is TRUE Hip-Hop music, not the rubbish that comes out these days, which only talks about money and loose women etc. This is a harsh but very well crafted album. Granted it's not for everyone, I certainly wouldn't let anyone under the age of 16 listen to it, and it's very much an 'underground' record. I don't generally like Hip-Hop music, this was one an ex introduced me to at Uni and it has stuck since.

4-



OK Computer - Radiohead

I'm sure I don't need to say too much about this record. If you haven't listened to it, believe me it deserves ALL the hype. It is a stunning, stunning album. I just love the experimental nature of the music, and the whole concept of it. Radiohead are one of the bands that I love and have never seen live, I am simply dying to!!

3-



The Immaculate Collection - Madonna

Now I know this isn't a studio album but I'm leaving it it! I adore Madonna, always have and always will. I love every song on this album (I know it's a greatest hits so that's kinda the idea!). I still have my original copy that I bought with my saved up lunch money from Woolworths. I was very hungry at lunch time for a whole month! LOL!

2-



Parachutes - Coldplay

You either love 'em or hate 'em, but Coldplay are the band of my generation. I LOVE THEM! This is one of the best debut albums in history, it is simply beautiful. It's so melodic yet deep, and just holds you in all the way through.

1-



A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay

Yes, I know the last one was also by Coldplay. But this album... oh, it's so beautiful. EVERY song is wonderful. Chris Martin's vocals and songwriting are spectacular. I love how edgy yet anthemic this album is, it's also quite haunting in it's depth. Gorgeous.
I have seen Coldplay live twice, both times headlining Glastonbury Festival. They are fantastic live and I count those as two of the best moments of my life.



What are you favourite albums?

1 comment:

  1. have a look at chunkyfries.blogspot.com to find out! Good choices.....

    ReplyDelete