I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 6 July 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #86



Do Not Disturb - Anna Cleary
Mills and Boon RIVA
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2011
ISBN: 9780263883664






My rating





From the back cover:

"The good girl...
As a teenager, preacher’s daughter Mirandi Summers was strait-laced and virginal. Joe Sinclair was the boy from the wrong side of the tracks. Wild, free and dangerous, Joe led Mirandi deliciously astray...
wants to be very, very bad...
Now Mirandi’s been made Executive Assistant to CEO Joe Sinclair – surprisingly, the bad boy’s done good! But on a business trip to the chic French Riviera Mirandi discovers Joe’s devilish side isn’t far beneath his new, polished exterior. Especially when Joe pulls her into his hotel room and locks the door..."


Back to RIVA's, what can I say... I just can't help myself! This is another great book for this line.

This is the story of Mirandi and Joe (the heroine and hero, naturellement). They had a love affair many years back, which ended badly and left Mirandi broken hearted. Mirandi has just started working at the company Joe is CEO for, and he is surprise by the changes in her. No longer is she the shy and naive girl he once knew, instead she is mature, feisty and guarded, which he finds even more alluring. When he is desperate for an assistant for his upcoming business trip he asks Mirandi to fill in, which she reluctantly agrees to. They quickly realise their passion for one another hasn't dimmer in the years they have been apart and it't not long before they begin and affair. But their current happiness doesn't stand a chance against their issues from the past lurking not far from the surface.

I really like reunion stories and this is a great example of this. The dialogue between the characters really sparkles and I found that Anna Cleary's writing really made me believe in everything; the story, the characters, the issues etc. The passion between the characters is intense, and their story is really emotional. I do think the past pregnancy was rather crowbarred in and didn't really impact on the story instead it kind of stopped the flow. Their HEA is spectacular though, and very satisfying.

A great read.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment