I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 13 July 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #95



A Dark Sicilian Secret - Jane Porter
Mills and Boon Modern
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2011
ISBN: 9780263886535






My rating





From the back cover:

"She can run...
Lethally attractive Vittorio d'Severano was everything Jillian Smith wanted - until she discovered his secret life and her dreams of a happy-ever-after crumbled into dust...Broken-hearted and terrified, Jill disappeared.
But she can't hide!
Now Vitt has returned - to claim the tiny son Jill has sworn to keep from him! But to stay with her child she must put Vitt's ring on her finger. Yet what kind of relationship can they have when it's based on secrets...and a heat impossible to resist?"



I have been wanting to read this book for a while and finally got round to it, I bought this for my Kindle. It was worth the wait, I really enjoyed it.

The heroine Jill has spent the last year or so running from her ex lover Vitt, the hero. Jill ran from their relationship after being told that Vitt is involved in the Mafia. She later discovered she was pregnant and kept this information from him, until he discovered she had had his son quite by accident. Vitt is determined to gain access to his son, and deeply hurt by Jill's actions. When he confronts Jill he insists she marry him otherwise he will take their son back to Sicily without her. They marry, and Jill is put right about Vitt, he is not part of the Mafia and hates that he is constantly associated with it, however Jill is still fearful of both Vitt and the secret she is still harbouring.

This is an explosive book, right from the start it had me on the edge of my seat! The conflict between the hero and heroine runs through the entire book and this added depth of the story. The passion between the characters is also very intense, at first I was a bit shocked by the explicitness of the love scenes (for a Modern), but upon reflection I feel that it adds to the already explosive mood of the book. The characters are written with honesty; Jill is very brace and wants to make her life better and Vitt was that all powerful Alpha that you would expect but also very believable, I liked how honest he was about his love for Jill and didn't play games.

A light read, this book is not! The last few chapters had me gripping my seat, and I couldn't turn the pages quick enough. Here Jane Porter has written a book with some very dark moments that keep you guessing and characters intent on tearing each other apart but so deeply in love that you will have a lump in your throat.

Recommended.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment