I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Saturday 16 July 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #100



Her Not-So-Secret Diary - Anne Oliver
Mills and Boon RIVA
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2011
ISBN: 9780263883695






My rating






From the back cover:

"From: Sophie Buchanan
Sophie's fantasy man is supposed to stay in her dreams
To: Jared Sanderson
until her diary detailing her saucy dream gets accidentally e-mailed to her sexy new boss!
Subject: Red-Hot Dream!
Suddenly Sophie has Jared's attention! Hes not looking for commitment, and luckily that's also the last thing on Sophie's mind, so the stage is set for a sizzling no-strings affair. But as work, steamy nights and painful secrets all begin to build up Sophie soon knows shes in a whole heap of trouble."



This was, yet again, another Glastonbury Festival read. In case you were wondering I only took RIVA books with me, that's why there's been a few recently. I think this is my first Anne Oliver book and I really enjoyed it.

The heroine Sophie keeps a dream journal, something that helped her get past the trauma of an abusive past and divorce. She types up an erotic dream then accidentally sends it to her new boss. Jared is shocked and intrigued by Sophie's email, although he knows it was sent by mistake. Sophie is only a temporary worked and about to leave for a new life in England, so Jared makes it clear that he is open to the idea of a short term affair. Jared thinks all he wants is a fling, however the more he gets to know Sophie and himself, the more he realises he's ready for a family and commitment but Sophie is keeping secrets.

I really liked this book, yes the whole 'emailing secret fantasy to your boss' part is a bit of a cliché, but it is made great with well developed and complex characters and some emotional highs and lows. The characters went on a nice journey and this made very satisfying reading. The dialogue is really fresh, the relationship felt very real and the book is fast paced.

Recommended

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment