I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Saturday 16 July 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #102



An Inconvenient Obsession - Natasha Tate
Mills and Boon Modern
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2011
ISBN: 9780263886665





My rating





From the back cover:

"He loved her, lost her...and now he'll have her once more...
The Carrington family's island is up for auction...Now, that's an invitation Ethan Hardesty just can't refuse. This janitor's son turned global entrepreneur has it all...All, that is, except a piece of the Carrington estate - the island that holds all his most pleasurable and painful memories...
Ethan doesn't count on the beautiful Cate Carrington handling the transaction - providing him with the perfect opportunity to take her into the bargain. But toying with the woman who was once the girl he loved and lost soon turns from a game into an all-out obsession..."



I have had quite a long run of RIVA books and I thought I would come back to the real world after Glastonbury with a nice Modern! I was looking forward to reading this as this is a debut novel from Natasha Tate.

This is the story of Cate and Ethan, who were once teenagers in the love planning to spend the rest of their lives together. Cate broke things off in the hope Ethan would reach his potential without her, but Ethan thought she considered him below her and still harbours resentment towards her. After her fathers death, Cate decides to sell the families private island (where she and Ethan had spent their time together) and Ethan, now a very successful businessman, buys it. Ethan plans to use this time to his advantage and seduce Cate and then leave her so that she feels the pain he once felt. Only nothing goes according to plan and Ethan discovers the difficult life Cate has had since they parted, and he cant help but feel the need to cherish her. As they grow closer it's clear that they never stopped loving one another, but there are secrets and events waiting to tear them apart again.

What a fantastic debut from Natasha Tate, reading this you would have no idea that she hasn't been doing this forever! Her voice and style slip seamlessly into the Modern line. This is a very emotionally charged book and this is apparent from the very first sentence that had me hooked. The characters are well crafted and the dialogue really sparkles, not to mention the passion is sizzling. I could have done without the 'miracle' at the very end, but perhaps that's just me.

I look forward to reading more from Natasha Tate in the future, she joins new writers such as Lynn Raye Harris and Maisey Yates, who have breathed new life into to Modern line and made it dazzling for a new generation of readers. Like me!

Recommended.

Xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the fabulous review! I look forward to writing many more books for the Modern line, and I'm so excited to be one of the Mills & Boon newbies! Writing books alongside Lynn Raye Harris and Maisey Yates, not to mention my long-time critique partner Jennie Lucas, is a dream come true!

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I'm so glad you liked my review :-)

    All the best.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete