I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Monday 11 July 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #90



Blind Luck Bride - Laura Marie Altom
Harlequin American Romance
Reprinted in Harlequin Showcase 2-in-1
Harlequin, 2011
ISBN: 9780373688203


N.B. This is a North American release


My rating





From the back cover:

""I bet a thousand dollars and my truck that I'll be married by Saturday."-Finn Reilly, jilted bridegroom
He needed a wife fast. So when lovely Lilly Churchill walked in, all dressed in bridal white, Finn married her before she could say, "I don't." Then he learned Lilly thought he was someone else -- a fiance she'd met by email!
Disaster-prone Lilly should have known she'd marry the wrong man. Except...Finn's heated kisses felt so right. Crazy as it seemed, their whirlwind marriage might have been the luckiest mistake ever. But Lilly hadn't told Finn why she'd gotten married -- and the precious, growing secret couldn't be kept much."



This is the second book in the Showcase 2-in-1 and again another American Romance. Once I got over my initial disappointment that the hero in this one wasn't a Cowboy (I have a thing for them!) I really liked this book!

At the start of this book the hero Finn is drowning his sorrows after being left at the alter. One of this business rivals winds him up and, fuelled by alcohol and damaged pride, Finn bets that he can find someone else to marry within a week. Later that same evening the heroine Lilly walks into the bar dressed in white and approaches him. Finn thinks she has been sent by his rival, so he decides to try and get the better of him by playing along with Lilly's 'game'. Lilly is actually looking for the man she met on a marriage of convenience website and has arranged to marry the next morning in Las Vegas. Lilly is in a bind as she has just discovered she is pregnant by her duplicitous ex-lover and worried about her families reaction as she has a history of getting into trouble. Lilly and Finn marry, each still not knowing the truth, and they are fiercely attracted to one another. When Lilly discovers Finn is not the right man she feels hurt and betrayed but asks if Finn will consider staying married and seeing if they can work things out. Finn agrees as he desperately wants a family and because he really likes Lilly. As they get to know one another they begin to fall in love, but Lilly hasn't told him about the baby.

I enjoyed this book so much. The plotline is very original and a pleasure to read. The author also created two fantastic characters; Lilly is really fun and sweet, and I loved how she was very calamity prone. Finn is a great male character, the perfect mix of complex and caring. They suited each other perfectly and I was really rooting for them! Although how they met/married is, lets face it, somewhat unrealistic it really added a charm to the story and although this is a fun read it certainly doesn't lack for more emotional moments.

This is a great story from start to finish. Recommended.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment